By: Gordon Conner
If you’re the owner of a small business, you may be wondering if blogging is worth all the time and effort it requires. The short answer is a resounding YES! Blogging for your business is really easy, gets traffic for your website, improves your inbound marketing efforts and attracts more possible customers for your business. Kinda hard to ignore, right?
According to Hubspot, of the companies who have a blog, 57% have reported getting customers from their blog. In that same study, 81% said that their blog was either useful or critical for their business.
The Case for Small Business Blogs
Here’s what you can expect if your business has a blog:
- Bump Up Search Engine Optimization-Search engines love lots of content. And there’s no better way to keep them happy than with blog posts. If you do this consistently, you give the search engines the opportunity to plug in lots of keywords to enhance your visibility.
- Enhance Relationships with Potential and Existing Customers-Blogging is a great way to stay in touch with your website visitors. You can help this out by asking questions to stimulate conversations, or allowing comments and feedback. By responding to these comments, you create rapport, build trust and get a lot of insight about what’s on your customer’s minds.
- Brand Your Business as an Industry Leader-Even if you’re just a one-person shop, you can build trust in your industry by providing expert information just like the big boys. Over time, you can be the go-to guy for expert information on your blog. And, before you know it, your conversion rate will be going sky-high. This is huge for the little guy when competing with the big boys.
- Connect Folks to Your Brand-Blogs get to show the real you-the personal side of things that customers and prospects can’t see through traditional outbound forms of marketing. These folks get to see the vision and personality of your company.
- Provide Opportunities for Sharing-By blogging, you give your audience the opportunity to share your input with others. They can tweet it, post it, share it, and email to others-it’s all free marketing and it all combines to make you a viable and credible business.
When you really think about it, blogging just makes sense. With a very small investment of time and expense, you can build your website traffic, increase your search engine ranking, build credibility and entrench the relationships with current and potential customers. Are you going to pass this opportunity up? That’s the question. Some small businesses are reluctant because of the time to keep it up. That’s where I come in. I can take that off your plate, so that you can be more concerned with inventory deliveries and paying the light bill. Shoot me an email at Gordon@GordonConner.com or check out my website at www.GordonConner.com.
About the Author
Gordon Conner is a Copywriter, content writer and blogger who writes “Snappy Copy That Sells Stuff”. He has been providing advertising, marketing, branding and copywriting services for 39 years and lives in Midlothian, Virginia. He can be reached at Gordon@GordonConner.com.