Branding Ain’t Rocket Science.
It really is simple. You just have to get people to like you. “Piece o’ cake.” Let’s face it; people do business with people they like. They don’t want to buy their new car from “Dapper Dan”. And they aren’t going to continue using a dry cleaner that consistenly destroys their clothes. That gets expensive! So, obviously, you need to start by producing persuasive marketing and doing your job. And a good job at that. If you do it like you’re supposed to, you may eventually have people whispering about you. (You don’t want to hear yelling. ) Those whispers could be the start of building a new brand. So, how do we build that fresh, new brand that will encourage folks to do business with you? Believe it or not, it all starts with five simple steps.
- Target market–know your customers and their pain points like the back of your hand, plus what they want from you.
- Your Dominant Value Point (Value Proposition) –this is the one benefit that your market is looking for that’s different and better, and your competition can’t, or won’t, duplicate it.
- Tell your story–prove your Dominant Value Point to your markets beyond a shadow of a doubt, through your messaging and your actions.
- WOW! your Customer–Make your customer’s experience one that she will never forget and as a result will return again and again.
- Live your brand–everything you do must reinforce your brand story-every touchpoint must leave the same message. That starts with a consistent message in all of your marketing outlets.
So what’s a touchpoint?
A touchpoint is any exposure that your customer has to your business. It can be the smiling face of your sales clerk. Or the message conveyed by your last Facebook post. It’s the tie worn by your delivery person. It may even be your hairstyle. (That Mohawk haircut just may not be cutting it with your customers.) These are all touchpoints and they all have to relay the same message about what kind of company you are. It’s all about consistency.
So that’s it. Get these touchpoints right, and take the five steps mentioned here. Before you know it, you can have the brand that you’ve always wanted.
Building a WOW! brand is all about keeping it simple. “It ain’t rocket science.” But, it does take a lot of very hard, very smart work. It starts and continues at each touchpoint.
Visit my Blog at: http://www.GordonConner.com/Blog